Friday, July 16, 2010

Cupcakes for Breakfast??? ~ No Silly, it's a Breakfast Cupcake with a Side of Pretend Fries!

My 6 year old has been getting more and difficult to feed these last few weeks, so in order to make breakfast more appealing this morning I disguised it as cupcakes and fries. Crazy combination I know, but she got a kick out of it!

So how did I do it?
First I baked a batch of pre-made refrigerated Pillsbury biscuits. While they were baking I scrambled some eggs and added ham, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese. I let the biscuits cool for a couple of minutes, then while still warm, I used a spoon to push down on the center and form them into little cups. I placed each biscuit in a cupcake liner and filled the center with scrambled eggs and added a cherry tomato as the finishing touch.

I served them with a side of Mango slices (pretend fries) and watched as my daughter enjoyed. Ahhh...at last, a morning meal that required no force feeding. In fact, she liked them so much she had two! Try it and let me know how it works for you.

No comments :