Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weekend Project: Artsy Labels for Storage Jars

I'm going to spend some time this weekend creating cute little labels like these. I already have all I need: empty jars, blank labels, rubber stamps and a variety of ink colors. For several years now, I've been reusing jars to store left over food in the fridge, to store dry grains, and even for storing craft items in my office. They're my favorite thing to reuse and recycle, for many reasons. (1) They're easily accessible! You pay for them when you purchase your groceries, throwing them out is like throwing money away. (2) You can see right through them. If you're storing food, you know how much you have left and what condition it's in before you even open the jar - no green surprises! (3) I just love to reuse and recycle as much as I can.

If this is a DIY project you want to tackle, remember water will ruin the paper labels, so don't use this labeling method for the kitchen. I have another idea for labeling kitchen jars, which I will share in my next DIY post.

(Photo by Jenny Hallengren, found via Lotta Prints: How to Print with Anything, from Potatoes to Linoleum)

No comments :