Saturday, November 26, 2011

Asparagus Roll-Ups

I love it when good things happen by chance! I don't know how, but I was volunteered to make a greenbean casserole for Thanksgiving. I've never made one before, but with internet service at my fingertips, I agreed, knowing that a sea of greenbean casserole recipes were only a Google search away.
Unfortunately (or should I say luckily), when I went to the store all the greenbeans were gone. But guess what? They had tons of asparagus AND it was on sale, so I looked up asparagus recipes and found this one at AllRecipes.com.

I knew I couldn't go wrong with these! The recipe asked for all my favorite ingredients (cream cheese, bacon, chives, bread, asparagus and Parmesan cheese) and it seemed fairly easy to make! I had most of the ingredients at home, all I needed were two loafs of bread, two bunches of asparagus and back to my kitchen I went.
I was so thankful for my little chef who helped tremendously by removing the crust off the bread and rolling each slice with a rolling pin. I then cut the rolled out bread in half, spread the cream cheese, bacon and chives mixture to the center of each piece, topped it with asparagus and rolled each one up like a taquito.
Brushed a little butter on top, sprinkled freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 12 minutes in the oven and done! The best part - they were a total hit at our Thanksgiving dinner. Yay!

Like my blog? Please vote for me at
Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :