Monday, October 14, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

I liked the pink watercolor background I used for the Dia de Los Muertos mint tins that I talked about a few weeks ago, so I decided to use it again on my first MATS (Make Art That Sells) homework assignment. The assignment was to create two Christmas card designs and pick only one to submit for review. This  Floral Christmas Tree is the one I liked most out of my two creations, but interestingly enough, it's not the one I submitted. (More on that later). 

In order to give Christmas a "fresh" look, I went with a floral and hearts pattern on the tree and a doodle background with more faint hearts, geometric shapes and swirls. I also took a stab at hand lettering, not my forte, but definitely something I'm interested in mastering. My design wouldn't be complete without a pop of color, so I added shades of green that were sure to stand out against this pretty pink watercolor. I like the feminine and whimsical look that I achieved, but even more than that, I liked that it's different from anything I've seen in retail, so I didn't hesitate to add it to the shop.

Hope you like it too and that you wonder on over to the shop to see the matching postage, postcards, stickers and more - at PaisleyInParis.com!
Like my blog? Please vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :