Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hand made flower hair clips

Packaged this one of a kind, handcrafted, fabric hair clip yesterday. Off to Arizona it goes!

Most of my hair pieces are made from left over fabric scraps, never-used clothing items or repurposed fabric. In the same way, I'm making something very special for my family this Christmas.

We had a very dear uncle pass away a year ago. He was like a father to us, always the life of the party, always ready to give advice and make us laugh. My uncle had a few favorite shirts that he wore quite often. After he passed, we asked my aunt if we could have some of his clothes to remember him by. I kept a couple of shirts that I will be turning in to hair accessories and brooches for my sisters, my mom and aunt. They are turning out sooo cute! I'll be posting pictures up after the holidays.

No comments :