Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thank you Lord for my family, and all you do for us

I have a pretty large family so just about every other weekend, and sometimes even on a weekday, we'll get together to celebrate something. Whether it's someone's birthday, a holiday, or simply getting together for the kids to play there's always a reason (or an excuse) to get together. We're all pretty close. Along with the good times, there come the times of need. Today was one of those days for me.
I went to the library to drop off some movies and books I had borrowed a couple of weeks earlier. When I got out I realized a had a flat tire. My husband was working so he called his brother and without hesitation, he came to the rescue. I was soooo relieved! It must have been about 110 degrees out, I had no water with me, the library had closed and my daughter was complaining that she was hot. Luckily there's a park and a water fountain right next to the library. I took her to the swings while my brother in law got there and we played with the water from the fountain to cool off. He fixed the problem and followed me home. We made it home safely. I am so thankful everything worked out, I know this was a blessing in disguise. I've known I need new tires, but I have been putting it off for a while. I think this was God's way getting my attention, for our own safety. Thus He did it gently, providing a safe place for me and my daughter and making sure a family member was available to come to the rescue. So what's on my agenda for tomorrow? You guessed it...shopping for new tires.

PS - The camera on my phone is not the best, so I borrowed this photo from mndifferent, on flickr, for illustration purposes.

No comments :