Thursday, December 16, 2010

Picture Happy

I was kind of late jumping onto the smartphone bandwagon, but now that I did, there's no looking back. I love my Droid Incredible and the 8 megapixel camera that comes with it. But wait, there's more. This might be old news to some of you, but for me it's like a dream come true. I just discovered the FxCamera phone app (yesterday, to be exact) which allows me to get a little more creative with my photos.
Above, is a picture of my table-top Christmas tree that I absolutely adore! It's just so cute and girly, so easy to set up and clean up. I really like the way this photo turned out using the Toy Camera (pinhole) setting. The colors are so drastic, yet interesting. To show you what it really looks like, take a look at the image below, which I took using my new 12.3 mp Olympus E-PL1 interchangeable lens camera.

I took this picture in dim lighting using no flash. Yes, NO flash! Isn't it beautiful? My old point and shoot camera didn't take pictures this nice with flash! To add to the fun, the my Olympus E-PL1 also includes a few built-in artistic settings similar to the ones on that app I found for my phone. It's also more compact in size than a regular SLR camera so it fits comfortably in my hands and easily fits into any medium size purse making it a breeze to carry around with me. From now on, no matter where I go, I have the tools to document my whereabouts and have a little fun doing it. Yay!

Like my blog? Please vote for me at
Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :