Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte

It's when I discover things like Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte that I wonder where the heck have I been? All I can say is OMG - all these years I could have been enjoying it, and I haven't until now!
I am so thankful for Facebook and Twitter where I've seen many people's comments on how happy they are to have this seasonal delight back at their fingertips. It was because of those comments that I decided to try it today.
I must admit, ever since I started couponing, I'm much more frugal and careful about the way I spend my hard-earned cash. I have always enjoyed Starbucks, but I don't consider it a necessity. It's more of a treat for me. My husband makes a killer cup of coffee anyway, so it's not like I'm depriving my taste buds of the java they love. I'm simply opting to enjoy the less expensive cinnamon honey latte my personal live-in barista, Mr. Perez, prepares for me every morning. I do treat myself to the "gourmet" coffee shop stuff once in a while though, and today was one of those mornings when I woke up wanting something with a little extra kick. I remembered the posts about this famous Pumpkin Spice Latte, so I figured what the heck, let's give it a shot...I'm feeling adventurous today! Who can go wrong with pumpkin, anyway? I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread and pumpkin cheesecake. Pumpkin coffee should be just as good. Oh boy, is it ever! I think I heard angel harps playing in the background when I took my first sip. Yum! I loved it so much that in the evening, I invited a buddy to Starbucks to chit-chat and catch-up. You guessed it...I ordered the same thing. Might as well! It's a seasonal delight, which makes this the season to indulge.

Like my blog? Please vote for me at
Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :