Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Healthy New Year

So our first day of "back to normal" at the Perez household went well. My daughter came home from school quite cheerful and it was nice to have (mostly) everyone back at the office. As much as I love the holidays, I am glad they are over so I can go back to eating healthy. No more tamales for me! For a while at least. I hate to admit it, but I gained a few pounds over the holiday season. So, to kick-start my good eating habits again, I'm going to pack a lunch all this week. I work minutes away from my favorite park, and packing a lunch will allow me enough time to walk to the park and back getting me a nice 40 minutes of cardio during my lunch hour, followed by 20 minutes to eat and settle back in at the office for the rest of the afternoon.

So what's for lunch? Just a few mixed greens, apples, walnuts and grilled chicken breasts. I marinated the chicken in a Cranberry Pear balsamic vinaigrette combined with a bit of olive oil infused with Italian herbs. The chicken will have enough flavor so that I can avoid any other form of dressing, helping me cut calories that way. To finish off the day, I plan on going to the gym after work for at least 30 minutes of strength training. The more muscle you have, the faster you burn fat.
So, what's your plan of action? Remember, the only way to get in shape is by acting now. What can you do today to get you closer to where you need to be? In my case, it was packing a healthy lunch and creating a plan that I will follow tomorrow. If something happens and I can't follow through with my complete plan, for instance if I can't make it to the park or the gym, I won't beat myself up about it. I'll be happy that I ate healthy, and find another way to move my body in a way that burns calories. Maybe I'll come home and dance like a madwoman with my daughter. She'd love that!
Happy New Year to you all and may you have a HEALTHY, happy, joyous year ahead.

Like my blog? Please vote for me at
Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :