Saturday, February 11, 2012

Handmade Valentine Magnet Gifts

Time's a ticking and I have yet to come up with a fun Valentine's craft this year. I am not a big fan of sending candy with my daughter to give out at school, simply because it's not healthy. Kids eat so much sugar nowadays. Last year we made the cutest little cards and gave away decorated pencils. Sorry no pictures available. The year before, when my daughter was in kindergarten, we made handmade magnets. They turned out really cute!
Here's what you need to create your own:
  • Black and white 3/4 inch flat glass marbles
  • 1/2 inch round flat magnets
  • Red acrylic paint
  • A small brush to paint hearts on the marbles
  • E-6000 glue
Once you have all the supplies it gets really easy. Simply paint the hearts on the marbles. Let them dry. Put a little glue on the back of the marble and attach the magnet.
You can package them however you want. I had little 3x3 inch cellophane bags in my craft room and 3x3 folded cards that I used. I placed the marble inside the bags. Then, I printed a message on the back of the folded cards and had my daughter sign them. The message read, "Your magnetic smile stole my heart! Happy Valentine's Day!"
Afterwards, we decorated the front of the cards using scrap paper and three different paper punches: 2-inch round scallop, 1-inch round scallop, and a heart shaped paper punch. The inside of the cards was left blank. Once everything card was decorated and signed, I placed part of the clear bags inside the cards and stapled them together.

They were the cutest Valentine gifts in her class!


Like my blog? Please vote for me at
Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :