Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dia de Los Muertos Sugar Skull Illustration

I shared a photo of my work in progress earlier this week on my Instagram account. I was working on a Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) sugar skull illustration before bed...doodling and coloring away on my notepad with my favorite Sakura Gel Pens.
I've never been a Dia de Los Muertos fan (too scary), and it's not something my (Mexican) family celebrated as I was growing up. However, I've been seeing a lot of artwork pop up lately in relation to this Mexican tradition, which inspired me to design a skull that was less scary than those I've seen.
The image (above, to the left) shows the snapshot I shared on Instagram earlier in the week. The image to the right is the final product, now available to print on custom postage, bookplates, address labels and more at PaisleyInParis.com.

Are you a Dia de los Muertos fan?


Like my blog? Please vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :