Monday, July 22, 2013

I'm ready to play!

I'm excited to let you know that I signed up for Lilla Rogers' "Make Art That Sells" online course (part B) starting in October! I also entered Lilla's "Global Talent Search" where after a series of competitions, the winner will receive 2 years representation by Lilla along with many other licensing contracts.
There are hundreds of fabulous artists who are also competing, many of them who inspire me and whose work I highly admire. It won't be an easy competition, but the joy doesn't come by simply winning. It's about pushing yourself to grow and enjoying the process.

The assignment was to create a journal cover with a playground theme. That being said, when I think about a playground, I think about a kindergarten playground and cart wheels at the park, swings, slides, horses on a spring and ice cream. Rather than creating a scene of children enjoying each of these elements, I decided to focus on one character, doing it all - at once!


I call her "The Multi-Tasker." Ha! I also created my own lettering for the word "Journal,"and used lots of color, of course.It had been a long time since I took the time to sit and create something more elaborate than the doodles I've been posting lately. I must say, creating this gave me great joy, and it made me feel like I'm back in the game - ready to grow and play.

No comments :