Saturday, July 26, 2014

Doodles and Hand Lettering


A few of my friends and I are participating in a daily doodle challenge on Instagram. The prompt for July 21st was "glow" and the first thing that came to mind was a gorgeous night sky with a big bright moon and sparkly stars. You can see the line art version on my diodoodles blog, a blog I created to record my daily doodles and give visitors a peek into my sketchbooks several times a week. While the other blog focuses on my "doodle life" here I will continue to share any studio updates, professional quality illustrations, DIY projects, post items for sale and inform you of the latest products available in my shops.
Speaking of updates, I've been very observant of hand lettering lately, an art I've always admired but didn't think I could ever master. I have come across so much inspiration on Instagram and Pinterest that it motivated me to set yet another goal for myself this year, and that is to teach myself the art of "pretty writing". And what better way to do it than yo practice, practice, practice. Hence the amateur embellished writing on the image above.


Like my blog? Please vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :