Monday, July 7, 2014

"Palm and Florals" Framed Artwork

Remember that post a couple of weeks ago about me experimenting with Prismacolor markers? I received the markers for my birthday a little over a year ago as a gift from my hubby. I'm new to using markers and haven't been much of a painter throughout my career as an artist. I have strong graphic arts background, however in recent years I've been avoiding getting back behind the computer after a 40 hour work week. Last thing I want to do after putting in the hours at my 9-5 job is come home and sit behind a computer screen for several hours more. Instead, I've learned to unwind with my sketchbook, a Sharpie pen, and an occasional glass of wine.
So I got brave the other day and pulled out the Primacolors. I love them! It's like painting but without the messy setup and cleanup. All this time I've been afraid to use them for fear of ruining a perfectly good blank page, but if we don't overcome our fears, how else are we ever going to move forward, right?

Well, here it is - the final product! 

I added the piece to my Society6 shop as a framed print.  Phone cases, mugs, wall clocks, and totes are also available with the same pattern. Hope yo like it!

No comments :