Tuesday, March 3, 2015

And yet another creativity challenge

Earlier in the year I had committed myself to a personal challenge which I called the "365 days of Dio doodles" in which I intended to draw and post my sketches to Instagram every day of 2015. That went well for a couple of weeks, then work got a little crazy and my doodles became a little inconsistent from mid January and well into February. I work full-time, so I normally draw during my afternoon breaks however, when things get really hectic, instead of drawing I like to find a quiet place in my building to close my eyes, focus on my breathing and meditate for a few minutes before heading back to my desk to crank out more work. 
With the workload being more manageable these days, not only have I started doodling again, but I'm also participating in a lettering challenge called #meetyourselfmarch by @ckelso, via Instagram. I find that combining both, my personal doodling challenge and the lettering challenge, really helps me stay focused and excited about what I'll be drawing next. It's only in the last couple of years that I have become more interested in finding my own lettering style, and the more I draw in my sketchbook, the more I find that my favorite sketches are those accompanied by words. 
Another advantage of participating in the lettering challenge is that I don't have to think of what to draw. I just follow the prompts, let the creativity flow and discover something about myself along way. The best part of it though, is that I get to share it with you!

Above is my doodle for day 2 of the lettering challenge. The prompt was "3 Things that would make my ideal morning," and to which I happily answered by illustrating  "cuddles, pancakes and coffee." Yum! How about you? What would make your mornings ideal?

~ Dio
Like my blog? Please vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :