Friday, February 22, 2013

10 years since I said "I Do" and I want funnel cake

Happy Friday my lovelies! Hope everyone has a great end to the work week and that the weekend begins with a treat. Happy hour with friends, unwinding at home with your family, a couple of hours at the gym, a night out with the girls/guys, whatever it is, treat yourself. You deserve it!

As for me, I'm going to the fair tonight – yayeah! It turns out today is my 10th year wedding anniversary and the Mr. and I decided to go on a date to the Riverside County Fair in Indio instead of going to a fancy dinner. After all, it is known as the "Date" Festival. Haha! We're going kid-less, which means I get to enjoy a carefree night, being a kid myself.

It's been an interesting year for us. I always thought we'd be renewing our vows on this day, but as it turns out, we're in the process of rediscovering who we are, renewing ourselves and reestablishing our friendship instead. It's our first date in a looong time. I'm nervous. What if he tries to hold my hand? Hee, hee. I'm sure we'll do just fine. He laughs at my jokes, let's me tease him, he likes to buy me things, and I swear he must have been a mom in a previous life because he always wants to feed me. And that is particularly good in this case, because I want funnel cake – yum!

Well, off to work I go. I'll post some updates of my adventures at the Date Festival via Instagram later this evening. In the meantime, here's the "doodle of the day" which I created using Page53 on the iPad. I'm still getting used to the app, experimenting with the different brushes and all. It's not my best drawing, but I thought I'd share so you can see my progress as time goes by.


Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy your weekend!


Like my blog? Please vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :